Thursday, August 24, 2017
Home > US News > BREAKING: Mike Pence To Attend March For Life Rally- Leaves Liberals In Disbelief!

BREAKING: Mike Pence To Attend March For Life Rally- Leaves Liberals In Disbelief!

According to the New York Times, it was officially confirmed on Thursday by a White House official that Mike Pence will hold a speech at the March for Life rally.

This will be Mike Pence’s first appearance as the new Vice President, and a massive viewership and attendance is expected.

Here is what Pence had to say regarding the subject:

“Let me be clear: People who know me well know I’m pro-life, and I don’t apologize for it,” he stated at the Values Voter Summit in September. “I want to live to see the day that we put the sanctity of life back at the center of American law, and we send Roe v. Wade to the ash heap of history, where it belongs.”

Unlike Pence, other former presidents, including Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, also spoke at the event but via phone, instead of actually showing up.

On Tuesday, White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, said that Trump will also be active in time of the event.

“I think it’s no secret the president has campaigned as a pro-life president. It’s something that’s very important to him, as evidenced from that Mexico City Policy reinstatement that he issued yesterday,” Spicer said. “We’ll obviously have heavy administration presence there.”

Another Trump supporter and White House adviser, Kellyanne Conway is also going to speak at the ceremony which will be held at the Washington Mall near the Washington Monument.

Also, the second in row #CoverTheMarch campaign will kick off on Wednesday and it will be organised by the Alliance for Fair Coverage of Life Issues.

A total of 35 seconds of coverage was provided by the largest media outlets, ABC, CBS and NBC when the event was held last year.

Contrary to this, the pro-abortion-rights Women’s March got a shocking hour and 15 minutes of broadcast.

Donald Trump has been been very outspoken on the pro-life subject and criticized Mexico’s policy to offer abortions on their territory.

Donald Trump is also busy nowadays with filling in a seat at the Supreme Court, after Justice Antonin Scalia passed away. He also mentioned that he will be giving this job to pro-life judges only.

Mallory Quigley, who is a spokeswoman for the pro-life Susan B Anthony List expressed her satisfaction with Trump’s decision.

“Donald Trump gave us four concrete commitments during the campaign, including appointing a pro-life Supreme Court justice; redirecting Planned Parenthood taxpayer funding [to medical centers that do not provide abortions]; advancing the pain capable bill, which would ban abortions after five months; and codifying the Hyde Amendment [which prohibits taxpayer funds from being used to pay for abortions],” she said, adding, “already so many of those things are moving.”

She also pointed out that Trump’s March For Life idea is way bigger than the Women’s March.

Since at this year’s march Pence and Conway will take a word, it is well expected the media to cover the event, although we will have to wait and see if they treat this march with the dignity they have treated the Women’s March not too long ago.